I recently went to Sri Lanka for a friend’s bachelorette party. First, we thought of the cliché places – Goa, Thailand, Bali, etc. But we were planning a Christmas time vacation and realized all these places would be overcrowded and over expensive. Hence, we planned to explore the West coast of Sri Lanka. We were a group of 5 girls flying from Delhi for the hen party! We rented a chauffeur driven car for our road trip from Colombo Airport – Unawatuna – Galle – Hikkaduwa – Bentota – Colombo Airport. In short, all sun, sand, beach, fun, and party – What else!?
1. Top party and food places in Sri Lanka
If you want to party in Sri Lanka – Hikkaduwa and Unawatuna are no doubt, awesome beach party destinations for you! In Sri Lanka, every night there is a beach party at a different place. So, make sure you find out the party place for the night.
Just go and ask anyone around – where is the party tonight?
Sharing the list of awesome party places and must visit restaurants, which we explored from 22nd – 26th Dec, 2017.
Happy Banana, Unawatuna | PARTY PLACE
Thaproban, Unawatuna | GOOD RESTAURANT
Top Secret, Hikkaduwa | BEST PARTY PLACE
Relaxing seating inside and party place outside! Made extra special due to Christmas eve. A party place with great food as well!
There was 1 more crazy awesome place adjacent to Top Secret, Hikkaduwa. Forgot the name but do check out! Basically, take a stroll along the beach for sure and then choose and explore places! 🙂
Pedlar Cafe, Galle | MUST VISIT – BEST CAFE/RESTAURANT
The best food in Sri Lanka with the best ever Coffee! The place gives a European street style cafe vibe. Best place to chill and eat. (They don’t serve alcohol but still amazing)
Osteria Romana, Induruwa | SUPER FANCY ITALIAN RESTAURANT
The best ambience, food and service but costly. Must try Calzone. Perfect for date night or a special celebration.
Pier 88 River Bar, Bentota |GOOD VIEW OK FOOD
Unawatuna: Beach Front Villa
PERFECT BUDGET STAY for Friends (Private beach – Villa right besides it)
You’ll feel as if you are living on the beach.
Bentota: Lagoon Bentota
BUDGET LUXURY STAY (Great for families, pool and Bentota river view)
- If you are looking for party – Must visit Hikkaduwa and Unawatuna
- If you are looking for peace – Must visit Bentota
- Explore European feel street near Galle fort – awesome food and nice street shops (a bit expensive though)
- Do visit a tea factory, enjoy beach waves
- Mostly all the places stop serving food after 10 PM. Only alcohol post that 😉
- Do a roadtrip to enjoy the natural beauty at leisure and stop at your own wish
- Do try fresh pineapple and King coconut water. Also try fried pineapple dessert!