Lush green Mountains + Clouds + Rains + Fog = Awesomeness of Lansdowne in Monsoons
Leave whatever you are doing and make the most of this monsoon, by going for a road trip to Lansdowne this weekend. Believe me you won’t regret floating with the clouds. Lansdowne is a cantonment town and has limited accommodation and eating options. Hence, sharing a few cafes that we explored.
Where to eat in Lansdowne?
Lansdowne Trip Travel Cafe | MUST VISIT
Although around 40 mins drive from Lansdowne main market, this cafe is the best and worth the effort. Good food & service, awesome ambience, food hygiene standard, and simple the best coffee! Try their variety of Maggi (cheese, veggie, egg) and sandwiches. Being a coffee lover & addict, I Insist that you definitely try their coffee!
Tipsy Cafe & Restaurant
Only good cafe in Lansdowne main market. We tried paneer pakora, chilli chicken, and poha. Everything was very good. A good lunch or evening snacks place.
Rasta Cafe Aamsaur
A small tree-house styled cafe on way to Lansdowne (~ 1 hour drive). It is a good stop for the view, ambience and tea/coffee.
Where to stay in Lansdowne?
Samskara & Samsara Home Stays | samskarasamsara.com
Scenic accommodation with great food and friendly owners. Their rooms range from private cottages to dorms with clean facilities. It is around 15 mins drive to the main market. If you go in group, you can also play sports.
Good to go – Need any tips?
- Avoid the Kanwar Yatra time (Shivaratri week) as most of the roads in Uttar Pradesh around Modi Nagar are blocked due to the festivities. You will have to take Hapur Pilkhuwa route instead.
- Be prepared to drive through fog and be careful of potential landslides.
- Lansdowne main market has very good network but be ready to live without social media in the outer regions.
- Definitely carry a raincoat or an umbrella.
- Mosquito repellent is also necessity!
- You can also do short scenic hikes. We did the beautiful hike to Bhairon Garhi.
And now you are all set!
If you know of some other cool cafes or accommodation or hikes or any tips for Lansdowne region, do share in the comments.