Everyone goes to Goa for party but for the foodie in you, sharing a list of some of the best cafes/restaurants in North Goa. Most of the best cafes that I explored are at Anjuna Beach. My top choices are: Eva Cafe, Morgan’s Place and Purple Martini.
Location: Anjuna Beach
1. Eva Cafe – Food + View + Ambience
Perfect “food with the view” place. Not sure what was better… the view or the food? Service and ambience are amazing as well.
- Best time to visit: Around 5pm to enjoy the day view along with the scenic sunset.
- Must have: Cold Coffee, Shakshouka and Pancakes (European cuisine, French touch)
- Note: Only cash accepted
2. Purple Martini – Food + Ambience
Everything from food to ambience to drinks and service is superb! Staff is very friendly. You can sit and relax on beach chairs near the sea-facing area and enjoy the top view of mighty waves hitting the rocky beach shore.
- Best time to visit: Any time of the day but evenings are definitely better and more lively
- Must have: Maggi, Special cocktails, Chaat (good for Indian cuisine as well)
- Note: You can play TT as well
3. Cafe Cotinga – Ambience
- Best time to visit: Night to enjoy the fairy lights that light the full place and make it mesmerising
- Must have: Wine
- Note: One of the best ambience places. Perfect place for a romantic date; you can even plan a grand proposal here in a private cage setting, decorated with rose petals
4. Cafe Orange Boom – Food
Perfect breakfast place after a full night party to cure that hangover!
- Best time to visit: Morning, breakfast/ brunch
- Must have: Fresh fruit juices, fresh fruit salad with yogurt, everything fried up breakfast meal
- Note: Only open from 10am – 5pm (only for limited time)
5. Artjuna – Food + Ambience
A pretty cafe and as the name suggests, it has an artistic feel… with good colourful outdoor seating, providing a lively vibe.
- Best time to visit: Day light
- Must have: Croissant and coffee
- Note: Explore the art by local artists
Location: Candolim Area
6. Morgan’s Place – Food + Ambience
Who wouldn’t fall in love with this beautiful cafe, which is a delight for all food lovers! They have both outdoor and indoor seating. Outdoor is pretty with fairy lights and live kitchen view, and indoor has a beautiful concept of different rooms, each with a unique colourful theme. Really loved the full decor style! It is a quick ride from Candolim beach. You won’t get such good food at the shacks. We were lucky to meet the owner (Mr. Morgan himself), who suggested us the best dishes. I had one of the best desserts of my life there.
- Best time to visit: Anytime – indoor (day), outdoor (evening)
- Must have: Drinks (Mad Hatter, The Lowry), Food (Crostini Funghi, Canneloni Spinach and Mushroom), Dessert (Hello to the queen)
- Note: No alcohol served, try their other outlets in Dharamkot (Himachal Pradesh) and Bundi (Rajasthan) as well
7. Cafe Chocolatti – Coffee + Ambience
Loved their green ambience, though not a great fan of their food
- Best time to visit: Day light
- Must have: Cold coffee with ice cream
- Note: Good place to hangout with friends in the sunny weather
8. Others: Family
Kailash Parbat: Multi-outlet restaurant. perfect for satisfying North Indian cravings. They have international branches as well.
De Candolim Deck: Where the locals go… join them in their celebrations; open 24 hours.
Party Party Party!
Because no list of Goa is complete without the party places. Sharing some of the best – Club Cabana, Curlies, LPK Waterfront, Las Olas and many more… P.S. I was there for a friend’s bachelorette!
I got to spend 1 week during Christmas time in Dec 2018 in Goa and hence, tried to curate this list. Do share if you know of other good cafes as well!